RYLAND-L Archives

Archiver > RYLAND > 2003-11 > 1069456795

Subject: [RYLAND] Re: Ryland - Coleman lineage
Date: 21 Nov 2003 16:20:30 -0700

Surnames: Ryland, Coleman, Bagby
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/XSEBAEB/315.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

I only have [5] people in my database with the surname Coleman. They descend from Samantha "Amy" Ryland who married Charles Dewey Wynne.

All of the Rylands in my Bagby report go back to Priscilla Courtney Bagby and Josiah Ryland of King and Queen County, Virginia.

Priscilla was the daughter of John Bagby of Bunker Hill and I'm sure you all know who Josiah Ryland was.

Much of the research came from the Book, John Bagby of Bunker Hill, which in listed on the Bibliography page on http://www.bagby.org

Walter Ryland filled in the blanks, corrected errors and submitted research bringing much of the Ryland line up to present day. He is listed throughout the report that I'm uploading right now. The Report of James Bagby, which is the main report.

Walter always referred to Priscilla Courtney Bagby [Ryland] as "Our Dear 'Cilla".

I hope you'll visit the site and if anyone has anything they would like to add to the reports, please contact me. I have found that many times we identify our own surname relatives by their spouse. It's most beneficial in research. We have about 60 John Bagbys, 50 Robert Bagbys and 70 William Bagbys.

Sherri
http://www.bagby.org

This thread: