RUTLEDGE-L Archives

Archiver > RUTLEDGE > 2002-12 > 1041201667

From: "Mildred \"Mickey\" Fournier" <>
Subject: RE: [RUTLEDGE] Delayed certificates of birth
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:41:07 -0500

Bible Records are accepted as "proof" for a good many birth certificates.
It was 1920 or later before most Southern States started routine recording
of all live births. Prior to that many folks simply had their babies at
home with the help of some neighbor woman and there was no often no doctor
to record it.

My parents, born 1914 and 1917, each had to get delayed certificates.

Mickey