ROPER-L Archives

Archiver > ROPER > 2007-10 > 1191271535

From: "Ralph and Sarah Johnston" <>
Subject: Re: [ROPER] J. W. Roper
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:45:35 -0500

Sorry -- my "J. W. Roper" does not match yours although the timeframe is
close. My grandfather was John Walter Roper, b. in AL in 1866 and d. in AL
in 1943. He never left the state. His ancestors all settled in the
Lowndes, Butler, Crenshaw County area of Alabama and most of their
descendants stayed in that part of the state. I do not have any info that
any of them continued west to Mississippi; although one would wonder if some
did move in that direction as members of other families in that region did
migrate to Texas.
Good luck with your quest. Isn't it challenging to try to find the needles
in the haystack bits of information?
Sarah Roper Johnston