RODEN-L Archives

Archiver > RODEN > 2009-03 > 1237249507

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [RODEN] Rodens in Wisconsin
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:25:07 -0000

Author: jbatzko
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.roden/297.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I'm searching for Rodens as well. From a number of trees posted on Ancestry, I see that a number of childern of Mathias Roden and Susanna Leif came to the US; most of them ended up in Chicago according to what I've seen, but John (married Maria Eva Wirtz) and Mathis (married Barbara Saxler) ended up in Wisconsin. John ended up in Outagamie County, WI; and Mathias (my wife's ancestor) in Ozaukee County, WI. Another Roden family (John, Nicholas, Barbara and Joseph, along with their mother Susanna) came from Germany in the 1850's as well; John married Anna Maria Uelmen and spent time in Washington County; Barbara married Peter Hahn, and Nicholas married Katharina Diedrichs. Both of these families were from Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, but I don't know if they are connected (although I assume so). I'd love to try and piece the families together and am interested in trading info.

Important Note: