RIGSBY-L Archives

Archiver > RIGSBY > 2006-11 > 1163736162

From: Ken Hinds <>
Subject: Re: [RIGSBY] Rigsby vital records
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:02:42 -0800

Howdy Suzanne

>What is the James 2 Rigsby?

I'm fairly certain that means Junior. In that same source is a Lee
2, son of Lizzie Arnett. I know that Lizzie married Lee Rigsby, so
the 2 appears to mean the son's name is the same as the father's. I'd
have to say the James you refer to is a Junior. As you probably
noticed, there is no Mary listed.

I found James + Margaret on the 1910 census:

1910 census Lawrence Co KY p64a
James M Riggsby 33 KY/KY/KY
wife Margaret 30 KY/KY/KY
servant Juda Hay 31
nie Rosa Estep 5 KY/KY/KY
boarder Lizzie Hay 8

married 5 years, no children

I can't find any of these people on the 1920 census. There are two
Mary Rigsbys in KY about the right age, but neither is daughter of a
James, and there's no James Jr. There's also nobody who matches James
Sr or Margaret, or even the other people. I also don't see any of
them on the 1930 census.

We've corresponded in the past about the above James being a son of
John + Nancy. I'm afraid I still haven't turned up any more information
about either of them to prove it. I still have a ton of unorganized
notes to go through, though, so something still may turn up. I sure
wish I could find John on the 1880 census.

Ken

This thread: