RHOADS-L Archives

Archiver > RHOADS > 2012-04 > 1335739686

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [RHOADS] Rhoads/Roads/Roades
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:48:06 -0000

Author: richardson66510
Surnames: Rodt-Roth-Roads-Rhoads
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.rhoads/57.85.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Jake! Glad to find you again on the lists.

How have you been? How's the researching going? Here's my connection with you if you've forgotten.

Valentin>Jacob>John Adam Your Phillip's brother. Hey did you know that after John died your ancestor became the guardian of my gg grandfather, Isaac, and his 5 young half-siblings? (1841) I just ran across that online Friday night! YAY! And did your Phillip change his last name to RHOAD dropping the S completely & added the H? I've found tombstones with it spelled that way. AND I find it interesting that my Isaac changed his spelling to RHOADS. I wonder if he wanted to go back to his dad John's spelling but didn't want to lose the H from his uncle Phillip. Idk just speculation on my part but I find it very intriguing. Would you have any documentation about the name change?

Have you made it to the family reunion in OH yet? I'm seriously considering going this year if I can make things work out. I have a reunion in NE for my hubby's side in June. We're raising our two young granddaughters now so it will depend on my daughter in AR being able to help out with them while I run off for the reunion. :)

My email again is I'd sure like to connect with you again. I have summers off so that's when I have the most time to dig my heels in to researching.

I hope to hear from you soon!
Hugs cousin!
Mary Ann Rhoads-Richardson
Melvern, Osage, KS