REVEL-L Archives

Archiver > REVEL > 2002-05 > 1020604242

Subject: Re: George Brock
Date: 5 May 2002 07:10:42 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/gIDBAIB/21.2.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Lynette - I've been sort of out of it - skin cancere surgeries -
I don't lmpw date of second mg (nor any of them) - my gr. mother Betty Brock did not know her birth date (day or year)
I found George Brock indexed 1850 in Claiborne Co., TN, but could not find his name on page. Found Elizabeth Brock, 1/12 year old (as of June 1850) on FIRST LINE of page - could not find the previous page to see who parents were.
Don't know how long he was married to second w. Could have married here 1855 - his children were small - Betty oldest, Luisa next, and Grandmother Betty spoke of a "little brother "T".". The Mrs. "Dora" (E.A.) White, is 3rd wife had tenne-age sons and a dtr about 12 - all older than Brock children - lived near Bald Knob at one time. George did fine finish carpentery - staircases, mantels, molding, columns, etc., in fine homes - Memphis, Little Rock, etc - and plantation homes. Grandmother Betty said "we lived at Amity, Arkansas" - don't know if before or after she and Tom Revel married. Let's keep in touch. Yu=ou can e-mail me . jj

This thread: