RENFRO-L Archives

Archiver > RENFRO > 2010-06 > 1277563482

Subject: Re: [RENFRO] Fwd: Symon Renfro-James Cole
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:44:42 EDT

I am trying to post this message--don't seem to quite know how to do it.
Hope it gets through to genrl1861

In a message dated 6/26/2010 9:42:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
writes:

____________________________________
Sent: 6/26/2010 9:29:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [RENFRO] Symon Renfro

I have James Cole b April 30 1732 Newcastle Delaware or Chester, Penn d
May 19 1784 Natchez District Mississippi Territory as having married Mary
Rentfroe b 1736 Virginia d 1806 Coles Creek, Natchez District Mississippi
Territory. Marriage was supposedly about 1754 Bedford Co. Virginia,
Children: John, Stephen, Solomon, James (my ancestor), Mark, William,
Sarah, Mary.
The parents of this James Cole were Stephen Cole b 1701 Twickenham,
Middlesex, England and Martha Hunter b 1709 Ireland.
Mary was said to be the daughter of James Rentfroe and Esther Van
Bibber.
Got all this information from Cole Footprints, by Camellia T. Denys.
She is a professional genealogist.
Is this James Cole I am describing not the same James Cole, Jr.you are
talking about here?
If these are the same James Coles, was Denys wrong about the marriage?
Or are you saying your James Cole Sr. married in 1725--not his
birthdate?
In which case, looks like more than one James Cole married a Rentfro?
Would like to unscramble this.

In a message dated 6/25/2010 10:36:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,