RENFRO-L Archives

Archiver > RENFRO > 2010-06 > 1277563482

Subject: Re: [RENFRO] Fwd: Symon Renfro-James Cole
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:44:42 EDT

I am trying to post this message--don't seem to quite know how to do it.
Hope it gets through to genrl1861

In a message dated 6/26/2010 9:42:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

Sent: 6/26/2010 9:29:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [RENFRO] Symon Renfro

I have James Cole b April 30 1732 Newcastle Delaware or Chester, Penn d
May 19 1784 Natchez District Mississippi Territory as having married Mary
Rentfroe b 1736 Virginia d 1806 Coles Creek, Natchez District Mississippi
Territory. Marriage was supposedly about 1754 Bedford Co. Virginia,
Children: John, Stephen, Solomon, James (my ancestor), Mark, William,
Sarah, Mary.
The parents of this James Cole were Stephen Cole b 1701 Twickenham,
Middlesex, England and Martha Hunter b 1709 Ireland.
Mary was said to be the daughter of James Rentfroe and Esther Van
Got all this information from Cole Footprints, by Camellia T. Denys.
She is a professional genealogist.
Is this James Cole I am describing not the same James Cole, are
talking about here?
If these are the same James Coles, was Denys wrong about the marriage?
Or are you saying your James Cole Sr. married in 1725--not his
In which case, looks like more than one James Cole married a Rentfro?
Would like to unscramble this.

In a message dated 6/25/2010 10:36:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

Author: genrl1861
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

Message Board Post:

William Rentfrow (1702) Is possibly a son of John Renfro, Sr. (1665) and
Mary. That would make him a brother to John R. Rentfrow, Jr.(1695.) I
seen many instances where the two Johns are confused with one another.
Are you referring to John Jr.'s son, William, brother of James, from
John's marriage to Thomasin Simmons? The last info I have for either of
them is
John Jr.'s will giving them the land in Granville Co., in 1748.
"Mary" was Sr.'s wife and Jr.'s mother. John, Sr. died in Chester Co.,
in 1728. I don't know what happened with Mary. John, Jr. never had a
sister, Mary.
Susannah WAS John, Jr.'s sister and she married James Cole, Sr., 1725 in
New Castle, DE.
John Jr., was in PA with John Sr. and married Margaret Robinette the in
Chester Co., about 1717. They had one son, George, and she died there in
1720. John, Jr., came back to VA and married Elizabeth (Perkins)
17Sep1733 in Frederick Co. She was the widow of Joseph Hollingsworth.
had two sons, Jacob and Enoch. Some say they were sons of Elizabeth and
Joseph Hollingsworth, but they carried the Ren(t)fro(w) name. Elizabeth
in 1735 and John later married Thomasin Simmons in Edgecomb Co., NC,
sons James and William were born. There was possibly, even probably, a
son, Noel, born after John's death. That's a whole 'nother story.

Important Note:
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you
would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link
and respond on the board.

with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
quotes in the subject and
the body of the message

with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and
the body of the message

This thread: