REDDICK-L Archives

Archiver > REDDICK > 2005-10 > 1129305670

From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: Reddick Line
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:06:10 -0400

Hi Gayle,

I'm sorry, but your Reddicks are not part of my line of Reddicks and I
don't know anything about them. My Reddicks started out as the RADICK
family which arrived in Savannah, GA in 1737. I don't have a connection
with any of the N.C. Reddicks.

However, I'm CCing this reply to the Reddick e-mail list. Perhaps one
of Reddicks originating out eastern N.C. will recognize Rice Reddick.

Dale
________________________________

Gayle McKibben wrote:

> Hello! I noticed an old posting you made on the internet asking about
> the marriage of John Reddick and Elizabeth Rice.
>
> I have recently charted an ancestor, Rice Reddick of Martin then
> Edgecombe County NC who married Nancy Ross, daughter of William Ross
> and Mary Griffen of Martin County NC. We believe strongly that Rice
> Reddick is the son of John and Elizabeth Rice Reddick but no
> documentation.
>
> Rice Reddick moved his family in early 1800's to Stewart County TN and
> died there before Dec 1815. I have not seen a will but it is
> abstracted in Stewart County Wills and Settlements.
>
> Rice's daughter, Mary Polly Reddick married my earliest known
> ancestor, Elisha Williams Sr. She died in Stewart county after 1860.
>
> I know nothing of Rice's siblings and would be very interested in what
> you have documented on this family. The Williams' are trying to pin
> our family in NC but have not been able to do so to date. Hopefully
> the Reddick family will provide a clue.
>
> Kind regards, Gayle Willliams McKibben
> <mailto:>

This thread: