QUEEN-L Archives

Archiver > QUEEN > 2004-08 > 1092270993

Subject: Re: QUEEN, John H. died in Colorado-1971 Correction
Date: 11 Aug 2004 18:36:33 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/3YBBAEB/487.1.1.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

I need to post a correction to my previous post - Oops!!!
We have William H. Queen, born Indiana 1824 who came to Jewell County Kansas with his family, which included James F. Queen born 1853 in Iowa. In 1900 census we have James F, Elk Creek township, Republican county, his wife Sadie, son Oliver (?) - apparently handwriting not clear, son Elmer. There was also a John H and Lois according to family lore. According to Gish descendent (who emailed me and reminded me) - besides these four children there was also Edward Queen who was born in 1905 in Mankato KS, and shortly after Sadie died, Edward was adopted by Samuel Gish. Sorry for the mistake and the repetition - but wanted to correct this on the message board for future 'surfers'.

This thread: