QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2012-01 > 1327880209

From: "Roni Miller" <>
Subject: [QUEBEC] Pierre Girard Presse - Marguerite Deschamps
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:37:25 -0600

I am a descendant of Marguerite Deschamps and Pierre Girard Presse, I am looking for more help on both of their parents and their ancestors.

I found the following information and do not quite understand what it means because of the "dit" in the names, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The following marriages appear in the Repetoire Des Mariages de Trois Rivieres 1654-1900 by Dominique Campagna, S. C. Some details added from PRDH.

Marguerite Deschamps dit Laliberte (Joseph Adrien & Marie Marthe Bechette dit Sansoucy) m. Pierre Girard dit Presse (enfant naturel) 21-4-1760 Trois Rivieres

This thread: