QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2010-07 > 1280003176

From: "Francis T. Watters" <>
Subject: [QUEBEC] Fannie Manifold.
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:26:16 -0400
References: <COL101-DS237A53E597AE9A7CDDDF2AD0A30@phx.gbl><COL121-DS17F75991C4B5C4EA39F8C4DCA30@phx.gbl><COL101-DS14FC414A5422841D143AB6D0A30@phx.gbl><COL121-DS7E71CBAB6D36598F7FF6ADCA30@phx.gbl><COL101-DS23F93DE7EF0DAFA28BBAA5D0A30@phx.gbl>,<COL121-DS86343AC5368D8777F6193DCA40@phx.gbl>,<COL101-DS8F8ED9BA110FA4E72EC57D0A40@phx.gbl><COL106-W49470CB7E283A5A797A27DB0A40@phx.gbl><COL101-DS176FB4CFF64FA1F81FC2B6D0A40@phx.gbl>

Hi Margie;

in the 1891 Canada census, Montreal, East, St Jacques Ward, Dist. 172, SD
10, page 34, Fannie Manifold (Manifan in the Ancestry index), 18 yrs old,
born in England, both parents born same place was a servant, Methodist, is
living with the family of Eliphals?? Skeeles, Head, 46, born in the US,
parents born same place, Episcopalian, and wife Mary Skeeles, 40, born in
Quebec, father born in Quebec and mother in the US. They had a son Alber,
(sic) 18, born in nthe US. Ancestry shows Fannie "Manifan" as a sister,
but the abbreviation for the relationship to the head of the family is an
"S" which must mean servant. She can't be a sister of Eliphals Skeeles,
since he was born the US and his parents as well.

Apart from the Wales family in and around Melbourne, Shipton, and immediate
area, there was also a Wales family in St Andrews East (now known as
St-André-d'Argenteuil).

Finally, when Fannie married in Melbourne, she had to have the consent of
her guardian His or her name is not shown, but the witnesses were Emma
Haney and Isabella C. Watt. The Minister being William J. Watt, I presume
Isabella was his wife. Too bad her gaurdian didn't sign. By then, in
1894, Fannie was a resident of Richmond.

Frank