QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2009-10 > 1254427871

From: "Dessaulles Beaudry" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] AUBIN/PARADIS
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:11:11 -0400

Hi Renée,
Just coming back from my genealogical society

I have your marriage Cormier- Paradis
Joseph Alphonse Lucien Cormier, cultivateur, majeur, s/o Pierre Cormier +
Philomene Pepin, -- Philomène Pépin ( de St-Calixte de Somerset,
Plessisville, Mégantic).
married
Marie Eva Paradis, majeure, d/o Joseph Paradis, cultivateur+ Delima
St-Hilaire.
15 june 1926- Ste-Sophie d'Halifax co Mégantic.

I have deliberately removed all accents as most probably you would end up
with garble.
I have also printed the original Drouin wedding document with an added
title, it is one and half page long and easy to read.

I also checked the repertoire de mariages du comté de Mégantic- 1926-1970-
and your marriage is as per above.

Finally, about the Paradis-Aubin marriage, please make sure about the
parish.
The Parish and Town Guide-- 1976-- by Quintin publications has only two
St-Alexandre
comté d'Iberville est .1851( not far from Montréal) and
comté de Kamouraska est 1850.
There is no Ste-Alexandrie

Best of luck
Des.