QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2008-08 > 1218904206

From: "Elaine O'Neill" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] [Q-R] Another Foubert Marriage
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:30:06 -0500

Thanks for the death information, Frank. To the best of my knowledge
she was only married to Amable Foubert/Faubert. And on their marriage
record she's Paulite. Don't you just love the way the priests recorded
names according to what they thought they heard?

I have another ancestor, different line, whose name was Adeline St.
Amand. Half the time her name was recorded as Helene St.Thomas because
that's what the English speaking priests thought they heard. It was
definitely not a case of two separate women. But it's enough to make
one crazy. Her own grandson, who spent time with her as a child, is
the one who alerted me to the discrepancy when I first started
researching. If not for that I would have assumed it was a different
person.

ElaineO