QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2006-08 > 1155269617

From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: Need help tracing Frank Lampron or Lampreau and Julie Ginina, Giniva or Jeneau, son in Massachusetts
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:13:39 -0500

I need help tracing this family.

Oliver Lampron, born about 1850-55 in Canada, married in 1888, in
Northampton, Massachusetts, Julienne Willett, born in Canada in March 1860.
That is the earliest date I have on the family. He was the son of Frank
Lampron or Lampreau, and Julie Ginina, Giniva, or Jeneau.

I can't find the family anwhere, not that the census takers ever had an easy
time spelling Lampron. The first step is to know that the names actually
were. I wonder if people here can tell me.

Usually if a name like Lampron becomes Lampreau early in the family history
I would think the name was anglicized. In this case however, the name
Lampreau cannot be found in the 1881 census in Canada, and rarely in teh
U.S. I think it was someone's mishapen guess what the name really was.
Lampron, on the other hand, seems to be an old dit name.

What was Julie's name really? Names aren't coming up in a hurry, was her
name really Juneau?

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX