QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2003-07 > 1057497799

From: "Susan Schon" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] 1666 Census Online
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 09:23:19 -0400

Richard wrote:
> I looked at all infants with age given in months or days and whose
birthdate
> I knew and they all converged on Feb. census date.

Thanks for that, Richard. I had found 3 census records at PRDH for Julien
Fortin (1666, 1667, and 1681) and in all 3 records, he was listed as 50
years old. :-) So, I thought I'd check the online 1666 records to see what
they had recorded for his age. The ages for the other members of his family
seem correct, but I couldn't be sure without knowing the month of the
census. I probably shouldn't be so picky -- so many of the old records have
ages wrong. I've found the same to be true in my Danish branch of the family
tree.

Another lister sent me this link, but it seems to be just for Montréal:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~louislarocque/recensm.htm#A4

Sue

This thread: