QUEBEC-L ArchivesArchiver > QUEBEC > 2003-02 > 1046312829
Subject: [QUEBEC] Michel & Michelle
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:27:11 EST
In answer to a lister's request, please count me in as one of the millions
descended from Michel BOUDROT et Michelle AUCOIN:
(1) their daughter Francoise married Etienne ROBICHAUD ;
(2) Prudent Robichaud, son of Etienne and Francoise, married Henriette
(3) Madeleine Robichaud, daughter of Prudent and Henriette, married Charles
PELLERIN (30 Jan 1725, Annapolis);
(4) Marie-Elisabeth Pellerin, daughter of Charles and Madeleine, married
Martin CHINIQUY (9 May 1774, Notre Dame de Quebec). Martin was a Basque who
apparently came to Quebec around 1755 aboard a French warship out of Bayonne
- after the war he became a well-known pilot on the St. Lawrence and seems to
have prospered. (He sired a line of CHINIQUYs - mine - with wife M.Elis
Pellerin, and a line of CHINICs with wife M.Louise Grenet. The spelling
CHINIQUY seems to be the result of the Quebecois effort to pronounce the
Basque ETXENIKE - which had already undergone European transformations to
D'ECHENNIQUE and the like in France and CHENNEQUIA etc. in Spain.)
(5) Charles Chiniquy the Notary, born 1781, son of Martin Chiniquy and
Marie-Elisabeth Pellerin, married Marie-Reine PERRAULT.
(6) Achille Chiniquy, born 1815, son of Charles the Notary and M.Reine
Perrault, married Luce FRASER on 23 April 1838. His brother (and thus my
great, great, grand-uncle) was Charles Chiniquy, the apostate priest of whom
you may read much if you really want to. < smile >
(7) Virginie Chiniquy, born 1841, daughter of Achille and Luce, married
Joseph GUERTIN in 1862, St. Anne, Illinois.
(8) Edwin Horace Guertin, son of Joseph Guertin and Virginie Chiniquy,
married Blanch Hall. These were my grandparents.
I have more dates, some siblings, etc. I'd love to hear from anyone about
these families and will reciprocate as I can.
Salut to all!