QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2003-02 > 1046040685

From: "Susan Schon" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] Translation: vers le milieu
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:51:25 -0500

Thanks to Gary and everyone else who responded. Another lister suggested
that it meant:

Her body was removed from the old church cemetery and interred in the
middle of the new cemetery the 1st of October 1718.

The church was St-Pierre, I. O. I understand that it was built around 1717.
They probably moved everybody to the new church cemetery. I wonder what they
used as a church before then? Does anyone know? I probably shouldn't even
ask that question - I'm sure the answer is just a google search away. :-)

Sue