QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2003-01 > 1042470439

From: "Gary Boivin" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] Meanings of French words
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:11:58 -0700

I never advocated changing the spelling of a name.
Unlike what they do at PRDH
I NEVER change the way a person spelled his/her name.
My name is Gary Boivin... NOT Gérard or Gérald Boivin.
My 1st ancestor in Canada is recorded as Pierre BOISVIN.
And his uncles, aunts & cousins in France are
BOYVIN, BOIVIN, BOISVIN. That's how I have them in my database.
Now some BOIVINs changed the name to DRINKWINE or DRINKWATER
If they translated it then that is how you record it though.

But I gave the answer to the question that was....