QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2002-11 > 1037923655

From: "John H.Merz" <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] The Province of Quebec
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:14:38 -0500

Dear Gary,
my last posting was not in reply to the James Bay question,
but since you mention it again, here is the situation about
JAMES BAY -
There are two of them in Canada -
the first one is the famous one, the kind of appendix of the
Hudson Bay, east-shore belonging to Quebec, southern tip
and west-shore belonging to Ontario,
and there is James Bay, a tiny little inlet on the eastside of
Manitoulin Island Georgian Bay side, a tiny village at the
Bay named Wikwemikonsing.

Hope this one clears this issue up.
Cheers,
John Merz