QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2002-04 > 1019507440

From: Peter van Schaik <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] Re: German soldiers that stayed in Canada.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:30:40 -0600

Hello John and kathleen,
I have the German to America disks for 1850 to 1888 , and the 1881
Canadian census.

It is possible to do a lookup but a little more information (first name,
wife,kids and ages) about the original immigrants is needed to narrow
things down.
Also what other (original ) spellings of the name do you have beside what
you gave us already.
Peter..

At 03:55 PM 4/22/02 -0400, John H.Merz wrote:
>Hello Hessians and Quebecers,
>
>it was with great pleasure that I received this letter from Kathleen,
>describing her research efforts, and her search for her distinct
>ancestor, whose name was DESCOSTES, apparently later
>changed to DECASSE.
>Due to the unfortunate fact that I cannot find any trace of this
>name or similar in my Hessian files, I am asking all my
>distinguished friends and researchers reading our mail lists,
>for help on this one.
>It would be very much appreciated, I am sure.
>John Merz

Groetjes van Peter........in Okotoks,Alberta,Canada.

A lie gets half way around the world ,
before the truth has a chance to get
its pants on.
Churchill