QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2012-02 > 1329075410

From: Barbara De Mase <>
Subject: [Q-R] translation please
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:40:30 -0500

Marriage record for Antoine Chretien and Marie Charles Remillard on
July 30, 1793.
Quebec Catholic Parish Registers, 1621-1900
Saint Vallier, Saint Vallier 1788-1795
image 82 0f 105
This marriage record is longer than most I have seen. Marie Charles'
last name is scratched out ? why. After the scratched out name I see
a word that I do not know the meaning of. Also something about the
29th and then something about the 4th degree of consanguinite (so
were they 4th cousins)? the rest I cannot decipher except where there
is a surname: Thank you in advanced for any help.
Barbara (Bisnett-Bissonnette) De Mase
Charlotte, NC (formerly of Cohoes, NY)
I have the volumes of the St. Joseph's Church (a French Canadian
Church) records from Cohoes, NY of all the baptisms (1868-2005) and
marriages (Oct. 1867 - May 1999) anyone would like a lookup.

This thread: