QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-12 > 1323357446

From: Bridget Kopetzky <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] War of 1812
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:17:26 -0500

My late reply to the Dec. 1 posting by Kathy-

My great great great grandfather, Louis Eustache Mackay (1788 - 1866) was a Lieutenant in the 1st Battalion of the MEI. His father, Jean Mackay (1765 - 1821) was a Captain in the same battalion. Two of Louis Eustache's brothers were also captains - Samuel Etienne (1791 -?) in the 5th Battalion of the MEI and Jean Francois (1790 - 1820) in the bataillon des Voltigeurs Canadiens. Stephen Mackay (1779 - 1859) who served as captain in the 2nd battalion of the MEI, was the cousin of these three brothers.

Bridget

Subject: [Q-R] War of 1812
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:39:32 -0500 (EST)

I wonder how many on this list descend from someone who fought in this war?

I descend from at least one man in Canada and two in the US who fought, wonder if they met each other ??

Kathy

This thread: