QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-12 > 1322771602

From: <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] War of 1812
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:33:22 -0800

My great great grandfather Etienne Felten was in the Battle of Plattsburg
(Lake Champlain) fighting for Prevost in the Suiss Regiment de Meuron. Any
Meuron or Watteville descendants here?

Originally from Alsace, he stayed when the regiment was disbanded in 1815
and married Marie Marois. Their son Antoine Narcisse Felten married a
descendant of Toissaint-Dubeau. I was just at the old house on Baude Street
in QC where Champlain's tomb is rumored to be.

I got the last copy of Vallee's book on the Meuron Regiment in Drummondville
in early November, and it has a paragraph on each of the soldiers, if anyone
is interested.