QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-11 > 1322341427

From: "Doreen O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] De Lille or DesLile a nick name perhaps for AdelaideBRISEBOIS
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:03:47 +0000

LDS Pilot for Chapeau Saint-Alphonse 1859-1876 - Image 125 shows burial:

18 July 1862 burial of DeLille(sic) Bresbois(sic) wife of Pierre Mousseau, died 16 July 1862 at age 55.

NB: the writer may have had some difficulty finding quite the right spelling of names as in the margin he gives the deceased as "Des Lile", spells her surname in the text as Bresbois rather than Brisbois, spells one of the witness' surnames as Bargeron which likely should be Bergeron and also Veillancoure for what should likely be Vaillancourt. The Priest's name was Bartholomew Casey which may be the reason for incorrect spelling of Francophone names.

At the front of the register there is an index of the b.m.d's and the name entered there is Adeline Brisbois.

The Adeline who was born in 1809 would have been 13 years old if she married in 1822. Are you positive that the one who married in 1822 is the same one who died in 1862?

Cheers!
Doreen