QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-10 > 1318974582

From: Mary Lindemann <>
Subject: [Q-R] Keenan - Murtagh marriage in Berlin, NH
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:49:42 -0700

Trying to confirm parents of this couple - Bernard Keenan born about 1846 in Canada and Alice Murtagh born in 1854 in St Sylvestre, PQ. I can't find the couple marrying in Quebec and I do have the suspected widowed mother of Bernard in Berlin NH from 1870 on until her death. Several suspected siblings are also in Berlin. All of Bernard & Alice's children are born/baptised in Ste Agathe and I have the family on the 1881 & 1901 census in Leeds.

I believe based on ages that Bernard is the son of Christopher Keenan and Ann Maguire of St Sylvestre and Alice is the daughter of George Murtagh and Anne Fitzpatrick of St Sylvestre but without the marriage record I can't confirm it.

If anyone has the Repertoires for the Catholic parishes in Berlin and/or Lancaster NH and could do a quick check for me I would sincerely appreciate it.

As always, thanks in advance for any help,

Mary Lindemann
Lacey, Wa

This thread: