QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-09 > 1315246660

From: Mona Andrée Rainville <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Fw: help with name Desbigeons
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:17:40 -0400

Good catch Linnie !

I didn't think to use a jocker in my search of the prdh name repertory.

Well there certainly was a Daubugeon family in Laprairie.

Pierre GAIGNE, born in Courcival, dio. Mans, in France married
19-11-1670 in Laprairie to Catherine DAUBUGEON, daughter of Julien
DAUBUGEON (sometimes BIGEON or PIGEON) from Montreal. The name of their
mothers is not in the record.

Their descendant are known as GAIGNÉ dit DOBIGEON in Laprairie.

Cheers,

Mona

wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Possible the name should be DOBIGEON?
>

> Standard name Variant Freq.
> DOBIGEON AUBUGEON 1
> DOBIGEON AUBUJON 2
> DOBIGEON DAUBIGEON 19
> DOBIGEON DAUBIGON 2
> DOBIGEON DAUBIJON 3
> DOBIGEON DAUBUGEON 23
> DOBIGEON DAUBUJON 1
> DOBIGEON DEBIGEON 1
> DOBIGEON DOBIGEON 21
> DOBIGEON DOBIGON 1
> DOBIGEON DOBIJAN 1
> DOBIGEON DOBIJON 6
> DOBIGEON DOUBIJOUX 1
> DOBIGEON LAUBUGEON 1
>
> Regards, Linnie
> ======================================
>
> > On 05/09/2011 11:29 AM, Andree Routledge wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Has anyone ever come across the surname Desbigeons?
> >>
> >> Found marriage of Joseph Daigneau and Marie Josephte Desbigeons on 6-26-1815
> in St-Philippe de Laprairie, cannot trace this couple. The surname only appears
> once more for the birth of a child.
> >>
> >> Joseph's parents are listed as Joseph Daigneau and Josephte Baudin - can't
> trace them either.
> >>
> >> Her parents listed as Pierre Desbigeons, voyageur, and Marie Dodelin.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Andree
> >> Florida