Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-08 > 1314745677

From: Deborah Crawford <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] scieur de long
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:07:57 -0400

You could have been at Historic Mill Creek which is just south of Mackinaw
City and has a working sawmill in a lovely park setting. The mill was
established about 1790 to provide lumber to nearby Mackinac Island. Or, you
could have been in Mackinaw City at Colonial Fort Michilimackinac - most
likely you were at Mill Creek. Many of our Quebec ancestors spent time in
this area; wandering back & forth between (what is now) Michigan and Quebec
- many settled there. Close links to this day between Quebec, Michigan and
Ontario. However - I'm sure most of us on this list are aware of the
Michigan - Quebec links of long ago.

Here's the site for Mackinac State Historic Parks.

This thread: