QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-03 > 1299546117

From: Frances LaChance <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Headache on Louis Veilleux & Caroline Couture children
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:01:57 -0500

Here's a howdy-do. 1871 census: Caroline is 10 years older than Louis and both Louis &
George are named Couture.

There is a note on the page that the children are 'by first husband". This would make her
abt 16 when Louis was born. Now the question is, was she really married before? I can't
find a Couture marriage in that time frame with a bride name Caroline; nor a Caroline
Couture married cir 1857. Strange that no earlier marriage is mentioned in the marriage
document; nor is any legitimization of Louis & George, making it less probable that they
are Louis'. He'd be much too young.

Could they be her siblings?

Ancestry: Quebec > M├ęgantic > Inverness > 39

Name: Louis Veilleu
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Birth Year: abt 1848