QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-02 > 1297480411

From: "Renee Cummings" <>
Subject: [Q-R] FW: Prevost-Marie Olivier dit Manitouabeouich
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:13:31 -0500

I found this on line. Not sure if it's accurate
Renee

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/dgarneau/french9.htm

(II)-Charles De Saint Etienne De La Tour Metis (1595-1665) is made a baronet
of Nova Scotia by Sir William Alexander in 1631. (II)-Charles LaTour Metis
was already a "seigneur d'Acadie" by de Bienville's will. Also in 1631,
Louis XIII of France grants (II)-Charles LaTour, (1595-1665) a concession at
the mouth of the St.John River, now in New Brunswick, where he builds Fort
Ste-Marie in Jemseg.

http://www.many-roads.com/2010/04/20/a-history-of-french-canada-1620-to-1635
/

(I)-Acadia, marriage Charles de LaTour to a Louise Sauvagesse, d-1704.
Charles married a native woman of the First Nations in 1624 and he had a
daughter, (II)-Jeanne de LaTour, Metis born in 1625, who married c. 1655
Martin de Martignon d’Apprendisteguy, a Basque who raised his Metis family
in La Rochelle, France. Charles had previously had other children including
a son by another Indian woman who was named (II)-Stephen La Tour, Metis.
It’s highly likely Martins Metis children returned to New France maybe under
the sir name Martin as Basques were not appreciated in New France. (See 1642
Pierre Martin, very interesting?)