QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-02 > 1297277399

From: "Roch St-Pierre" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Once upon a time
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:49:59 -0800

Well uncle, I remember when I joined in 2001 and you kept
telling me to put "SUBSCRIBE" in the subject line and I was
still putting "SUBSCRIBE" as part of the message but I got
it eventually and been enjoying this list since. It wasn't rare
to turn on my computer in the morning with over 60+ messages
waiting for me to scrutinise. Thank you every one.

Roch

In January of 2000 I setup this list because our old Quebec-l on Randy's
listserv was dying. I had thought we might migrate to the Rootsweb Quebec-L,
but that did not work out. Rootsweb was a little Leary about two Quebec
lists, but they bought my song and dance, and here we are. LP ran QL on
Randy's listserv, and kept his identity secret. I tried the same thing when
I took over that QL, but that ended when the server started failing..
The move over here was a bit tricky, but we made it, it's been 11 years...
Many thanks to Gary who took over for a year when my wife suffered a stroke
6 years ago, and to Renee (listmom) who keeps me honest and in line
(mostly), and who works dirt cheap (4 Hugs).......:-)

How many of you were on that old QL eleven years ago? (Not the Rootsweb one
that Garry now admins)...

Wondering, UncleFred

This thread: