QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-01 > 1295829277

From: John Sullivan <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Parents of Melantine POIRIER
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:34:37 -0500

St Bonaventure, Bonaventure
1849
M 3 Ozias Bourdages & Melantine Poirier

Le six Fevrier mil huit cent quarante neuf, apres les publications
ordinaires, sans aucun empechement, Nous, Pretre cure soussigne, avons marie
Ozias Bourdages, cultivateur, domicilie a Bonaventure, fils majeur de
Laurent Bourdages, cultivateur et de Marguerite Baudry, de Bonaventure, avec
Melantine Poirier, fille majeure de Aime Poirier, cultivateur et de
Angelique Caillanette de Bonaventure. Etaient presents au dit mariage,
agree des parens Aime Poirier, pere de l'epouse, Laurent Bourdages, pere de
l'epoux et Joseph L'Heureux, leur ami, qui n'ont su signer.

On February sixth, eighteen forty nine, after the usual pulbications,
without any impediment, I, parish priest undersigned, married Ozias
Bourdages, cultivator, domiciled in Bonaventure, adult son of Laurent
Bourdages, cultivator, and Marguerite Baudry, of Bonaventure, to Melantine
Poirier, adult daughter of Aime Poirier, cultivator, and Angelique
Caillanette of Bonaventure. Present at this marriage, which was agreed to
by the parents, Aime Poirier, father of the bride, Laurent Bourdages, father
of the groom, and Joseph L'Heureux, their friend, who were unable to sign.

/s/ Osias Bourdages /s/ parish priest

Translator's note: This marriage can be found in both the Ancestry and LDS
repertories, under Bonaventure.

/s/ Fr John L