QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2011-01 > 1294942577

From: John Sullivan <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Montebello records-1834
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:16:17 -0500

The reason for the absence of records between October 1833 and October 1835
was not due to a catastrophe, but due to the absence of a resident priest:

MONTEBELLO --
Ancestry Image 88 -- Folio 83 Verso

N. B. Between October 1833 and October 1835, the parish was served by a
priest* residing at Nouvelle Longueuil(?) who must have recorded in the
register there the acts performed here. *Rev Thom Moore

LDS
112: 1833 Baptisms 113:1833 Marriages
114: 90th sheet blank except for title 115: 91st sheet blank except for
title
116: 92nd " " " " " 117: 93rd " "
" " "
118: 94th " " " " " 119: 95th sheet title:
Octobre 1835

B1 Illeg. Louise

Le onze Octobre mil huit cent trente cinq, par nous curé soussigné a été
baptisée Louise, née à Grenville, le dix neuf de Mars de la présente année,
de parens inconnus. Parrain, Paul de Chantal, marraine, Rosalie Lacroix
dite Langevin, qui n'ont su signer.
/s/ P Brunet, ptre

On October eleventh eighteen hundred thirty five, I, parish priest
undersigned, baptised Louise, born in Grenville, on the nineteenth of March
of the present year, of parents unknown. Godfather, Paul de Chantal;
godmother, Rosalie Lacroix dite Langevin, who were not able to sign. /s/ P
Brunet, priest

From: Karin <>
Hi