QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-12 > 1292689120

From: "Andy Scott" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] DOUCET, BOURGOIS
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:18:40 -0700

Hi

"Gosh, trying to figure out relationships between the Acadians makes my head
hurt. Can you please tell me the marriages that produced this relationship?
I have Germain Doucet (son of Germain) married to Marie Landry. Based on
that marriage I can't find any tie to Jacques Bourgeois in my files. But I
don't think I have all the children of Jacques Bourgeois and Jeanne Trahan
so that may be the problem."

According to Stephen A. White, Dictionnaire Genealogique des Familles
Acadiennes, v. 1, p. 526 for Germain DOUCET: He was born in Couperans en
Brie [ou Conflans en Brye] and sieur de La Verdure, and capitaine d;armes.
His first spouse was unknown [not identified]and there were 4 issue. His
second spouse was also not identified but White adds "peut-être la fille de
Guillaume Trahan ou la sœur de Jacques Bourgeois." I looked at what White
records for Jacques [dit Jacob] Bourgeois, b. about 1619 [place unknown]
identified at the age of 50 on the 1671 census of Port Royal, Acadia, he was
a surgeon and an original colonizier, married about 1643 to Jeanne Trahan
[Guillaume & Francoise Corbineau]. White does not identify his parents, so
any reference to any sisters is not there. SAW, V.1, DFGA p. 251. Hope this
helps a little.

Anady Scott

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never
Solved Anything."
In GOD we trust