QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-12 > 1292040476

From: "Renee Cummings" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] M & P to Alexandre McDonald and Marie Deslauriersc.1760-65
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:07:56 -0500

There was a priest Rev. Alexander MacDonell who came from Scotland with
about 300 people mostly from his extended family and settle in the Glengarry
area. He became the first bishop of Kingston, Upper Canada. So chances are
that they were RC.
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Macdonell_(bishop)

Union 1764-01-01 St-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud MACDONELL-CORMAC
ALEXANDRE-JOSEPH & DESLAURIERS-BABINEAU MARIE-JOSEPHE PRDH
s/o Union 1752-12-31 Lieu inconnu CORMAC DANIEL GONH MARGUERITE PRDH
d/o Union 1752-12-31 Acadie DESLAURIERS-BABINEAU JEAN-BAPTISTE &
DAROISMARGUERITE PRDH
Good night
Renee