QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-11 > 1288696023

From: Mona Andrée Rainville <>
Subject: [Q-R] Beware of fake messages coming from Mireille Walker's address
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 07:07:03 -0400

Good morning folks,

Looks like our friend Mireille Walker's hotmail e-mail address has been
hijacked by some creep in the UK.

If you receive one, please ignore it. It does not come from Mireille and
is a scam to steal your money.

Here is what I've received.

Mona

=============
Hi,

Sorry to disturb you with this mail but I'm out of the country at the
moment,just had to travel all of a sudden to London for some business
and I found myself in a terrible situation which i really need to take
care of now. I need a loan of $1,800. I'll explain better and refund
the money back to you immediately i get back next week,i hope it won't
be too much trouble for you ,i got mugged of my belongings including my
bank cards and my travel documents so i really need a loan from you but
I'll explain better to you once i get back because right now I'm sick
and confused about my situation here.kindly send the money to me via
western union because it's very close to where am staying. I am at this
address:81A ,Bayjohn Road. London, W2 4HP, UK. I promise to refund back
any amount you send to me including the WU charge once i get back home.
Please let me know how much I'll receive and also send me an email with
the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) on the receipt.

ThanksMireille

This thread: