QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-10 > 1288309245

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Ange-Guardien v. l'Ange-Guardien
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:40:45 EDT

Thanks, Doreen.

I thought I knew about Ange-Gardien in Rouville but your message sent me
back to check all the ones that I had in Rouville and Montmorency. Surprise
... I had all these Ange-Gardien, Rouville marriage locations that I had
gotten from the Red Drouin which listed simply "Ange-Gardien" -- which from
my county map I interpreted as Ange-Gardien in Rouville. But when I checked
Jette and the PRDH, they were all in L'Ange-Gardien, Montmorency!

Since the parish records for Ange-Gardien don't start until 1859, I think
I'm safe in going by Jette and the PRDH. And that's probably why
L'Ange-Gardien, Montmorency was listed as Ange-Gardien in the Red Drouin ... the
parish didn't exist for those records that were before 1760.

So many parishes with similar names!

Jackie Hostage

In a message dated 10/28/2010 6:03:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,