QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-10 > 1286755991

From: Fr John L <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Translation of Marriage Record Request
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:13:11 -0400

Montreal, St Louis de France

M 54 J E A Gosselin & M G Leda Larin

On November twenty second, eighteen hundred ninety seven, in view of the publication of one bann of marriage done from the pulpit at our parish mass; in view of like publication done from the pulpit of St Jacques in Montreal, as it appears from the certificate of the pastor of said parish; and in view of the dispensation of the other two banns granted by Messire Alfred Archambault, Vice Chancellor of Monseigneur Paul Bruchesi, Archbishop of Montreal, to Joseph Edouard Arthur Gosselin, accountant, of the parish of Saint Jacques in Montreal, son of age of Joseph Gosselin and of Elise Gourdeau of the same parish, as the first party; and to Marie Graziella Leda Larin, of this parish, daughter of age of the late Charles Larin and of Azilda Lafortune, also of this parish, as the second party. Having found no impediment or opposition, I, priest undersigned, authorized to do so, received their mutual consent to marry, and gave them the nuptial blessing, in the presence of Joseph Gosselin, father of the groom, and of Arthur Ernest Malette, «beau-frère» [brother-in-law or step-brother] and witness for the bride, who, together with the spouses and several friends, signed along with me.

/s/ Leda Larin /s Arthur Gosselin /s;/ A E Malette /s/ Joseph Gosselin

Fr John L