QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-10 > 1286729243

From: "from S-J" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Other places to search on-line
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:47:23 -0400

One google tip I use all of the time that a lot of people aren't aware of.
go to 'advanced' google search
type "genealogy" in the box labelled "all these words"
then in the box labelled "exact wording or phrase" type in the name, title,
etc of whatever you are searching for.
By doing this, you will only get things pertaining to genealogy and not all
the other stuff like facebook people with same or similiar names or current
2010 people with same.
Enjoy
Shirley-Jean

<snip>