QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-08 > 1280931216

From: Suzanne Sommerville <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Filles du Roi Annulment
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

The woman I am describing was Barbe Loisel. Her first marriage was in 1676 to Pierre Roussel. Next, in 1688, came the annullment to the contract with Jean Miquelly, cited as a soldier in Montreal to 1691 by Jetté.

Then she married François Legantier, sieur de La Vallée Rané, in 1689, with whom she traveled to Fort Pontchartrain. She was actively engaged in the fur trade there by 1708. Legantier died there at the fort and she remarried in 1713 to François Fafard dit Delorme, widower of Madeleine Jobin, interpreter for the king in the Ottawa languages since 1701 at the fort. In this last marriage contract, one of the things he promised her was the part of a child should he pre-decease her. They had no children, so she evidently inherited one part of whatever Fafard had at his death that was his inheritance to his children by Madeleine. Haven't traced this aspect yet.

A most interesting woman I must write about one of these days.  I have all of her marriage contracts and several other notarized documents.
Suzanne