QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-08 > 1280867359

From: Suzanne Sommerville <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Filles du Roi Annulment
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:29:19 -0700 (PDT)

All of the reasons Mona gives are valid.

Of course, I will never know, but in reading a marriage contract that was later annulled, I saw that one of the items in the contract called on the prospectiver bride to support the mother of the prospective groom-- in France.

The prospective bride had been born in New France in 1663 and was a widow with no children. She had inherited her deceased husband's estate.

I wonder whether that particular clause made her think twice!

Suzanne

Message: 10