QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-05 > 1272976690

From: Bridget Kopetzky <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Another spelling for MONDOUX. Simply can't find marriage
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 08:38:10 -0400

Darlene-

In the 1851 census for St. Anicet the Duheme family is referred to as
Duem (at least that is what it looks like to me.)

Alexi Duem, age 51
Birgite Charlebois, age 47
Mari, age 17 (this is probably the one you are looking for)
DAmas, age 18
Antoine, age 15
Joseph, age 13
Regis, age 8
Moise, age 6

I googled Joseph Mondoux and found someone who claims to have
information on Mary Duhaime. She also posted his death certficate (at
least she claims it is his - Joseph Moody). His father was shown as
Pierre and his mother's last name was Lowell. You can find the query
and response at the Mondoux Genforum board:

http://www.jenforum.org/mondoux/messages/12.html

There's also a discussion at Ancestry, and several people seem to have
information, so you might contact them, too.

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.canada.quebec.monteregie.huntingdon/468/mb.ashx

If you try a google search on "Joseph Moody" Cheboygan you will find
many people looking for information on this couple and many are
willing to share information. They seem to know that he sometimes
claimed to have been born in U.S. and some of their children were born
in NY. They had 12 children and it looks like there are many
descendants trying to trace them, maybe someone else has had success.

Bridget

This thread: