QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-03 > 1269203758

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] TRANSLATION PLEASE-MARRIAGE
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:35:58 +0000

There is no reference to rehabilitation in the marriage text.

It is my understanding that if the Sacrament of Marriage had taken place before an RC priest who gave the nuptial blessing, the couple would not have needed any rehabilitation no matter what country they were married in.

If however the couple had agreed to a natural union without benefit of the priest's nuptial blessing, then a rehabilition would be necessary for the marriage to be recognized under the Sacrament of Marriage in the RC Church.

Cheers!

Doreen

========