QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-02 > 1266949392

From: "D. O'" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Need Bpt. date-VIAU-JEANVAU-1811 maybe Chateauguay
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:23:12 +0000

I notice that on LDS Family Search the parents given for Jean Baptiste at the baptism on 20 Sept 1811, St-Joachim Chateauguay are Paul Viau & Angelique Picard.

Ancestry/Drouin for Chateauguay, St-Joachim - Sept 20, 1811 - Image 30 gives the parents as Paul Viau & Angelique Picard.... which I could be reading incorrectly as the copy is poor and LDS Pilot isn't working yet.

For Chateauguay, St-Joachim, 1844 there are two entries at the back of the register showing a marriage for Viau, J.B. and for Viau, Emile - both with the number id 16. However, that number is given to the following entry which doesn't fit at all:

19 August 1844 marriage of Jean Baptiste Faubert, voyageur, adult son of the late Jean Baptist Faubert & Marie Thibert of the first part, and Emilie Rousseau adult daughter of Luc Rousseau & the late Magdeleine Duranceau.

Ch√Ęteauguay St-Joachim > 1844 > Image 17

Marriage No. 17 is for J.B. & Emilie on 27 August 1844 - showing Jean Baptiste Viau, voyageur, adult son of the late David Viau & Rose Reid of the parish of Ste-Philomene of the first part; and Emilie Viau adult daughter of Paul Viau & Angelique Picard of this parish (St-Joachim).

All of which makes me think that the entry mixed up the parents.

Cheers!

Doreen

=======

========