QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2010-02 > 1266857883

From: "Bob Ellis" <>
Subject: [Q-R] Christian William Ellis - b. 1836 - d. 1897?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:58:03 -0800

Hello all,

I'm trying to find out more info on the above for immigration from Germany
(what part of Germany did he come from, when & what ship, etc.) , marriage
(when & where) and death and burial (when & where) information. Not having
access to gov't or church records offices etc., makes it difficult as I live
in western Canada.

Christian William Ellis apparently was married to Marcella/Marcelia/Mecillin
de Courtenay (spelling?) Ellis. Is the de Courtenay her middle name or
maiden name? Boy, I would love to trace that branch.

They had four children that I know of, William Robert, Albert Henry,
Elizabeth and Mary. Albert Henry was my great grandfather. Where are they?
Whom did they marry etc.

I hope I'm not asking too much and thanks for all your help.

Bob - great great grandson of Christian William Ellis

This thread: