QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2009-12 > 1262236239

From: "Kevan Barton" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] LDS Quebec Parish Registers - How can I be sure this ismy guy?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:10:39 -1000

Actually, I think PRDH originally had the birth of Etienne as Quebec,
location unknown, but before 1723. I note now, however, that they are
saying that he was born and baptized on 30 Nov 1726 in Trois-Pistoles. How
they connected him to this baptismal record is not clear as it states that
his parents were not mentioned in the registry. The marriage between
Etienne Rioux and Veronique Lepage is listed as 21 July 1748, Rimouski,
Quebec. Their parents are Nicolas Riou/Louise Asselin and Pierre
Lepage/Marie Trepagnie. I am slowly making may way through the primary
sources using the PRDH as the major clue, but I've yet to hit this line to
confirm the PRDH. I will get there eventually as it is on one of my major
lines. The PRDH does error at times, however, but generally it is a superb
compilation of data from primary sources, but it is not, however, the
primary source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kevan