QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2009-12 > 1260456998

From: "Desjardins Bertrand" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Would like confirmation of parents to Charlotte PaquetM.1795 St-Vincent-de-Paul
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:56:38 -0500

Hi,

One must always be aware that a repertory must show the information as it appears in the original document while a genealogy or a genealogical dictionary shows the interpretation of the information in the original document. The two will differ when the original document is mistaken in the given names or the names of a parent.

In the present case, the original document shows the parents of Charlotte Paquet as being Jean and Lisette Page. Because there is no Paquet/Page marriage and because Page and Pageau are very close in form and because Francois Paquet married to Genevieve Pageau was baptised jean-Francois, we decided at the PRDH that Charlotte was a daughter of that couple.

THAT WAS A MISTAKE. After further review, the correct parents of Charlotte are:

Jean Maurice Marie Paquet, married to "Louise", by all indications an illegitimate child, 1769-09-04 at St-Vincent-de-Paul. This "Louise" used the name "Page" in a 1772 baptism.

The correct information will show up on our data base when we will update it (soon, I hope!).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bertrand Desjardins
PRDH