QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2009-10 > 1254844424

From: Mona Andrée Rainville <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Emelie HOUDE/HOULE
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:53:44 -0400

Hi Jackie,

Félix HOUDE and Emilie BÉLAIR were married in Louiseville on September
17, 1833.

Emelie Rosalie HOUDE (she signs her name Émilie Houde) was their first
child. Born in Louiseveille on the 27th June 1834 and baptized the next
day. Her godparents were Alexis Desauniers and Rosalie HOUDE.

Source: Drouin - Louiseville (St-Antoine-de-Rivière-du-Loup), 1934,
image 14:38. (Let me know if you need a copy.)

In the parish records of Louiseville, the name HOUDE is often written HOUD.

Cheers,

Mona