QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2009-03 > 1237385949

Subject: Re: [Q-R] Theriot/RAU was Theriot/Bourg
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:19:09 -0400

All the details with sources at Cousine Karen tree
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=katheriot&id=I318

She is Perrine RAU (Reau) not BOURG

Loudon we really do not know. The Notary Landry who recruited many of the settlers of that period worked there & so it was assumed that they were were from that area. Later researchers have not been able to find the individuals and in some/most cases even the family names.

It is important to remember that most of the early records were lost. Our first entry on them is the census of 1671 when he was 70.

Paul Le B
l'Ascenion
Louisiane
Admin

PS According to the last I heard, the revised 2nd edition of Stephen A White's Dictionnaire Généalogique des Famillies Acadienne 1636-1714, will not be ready for CMA2009. The last rumor was mid 2010.