QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2009-03 > 1236276670

From: Patty Frazer <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] To access 1861 - 1871 - 1881 Canadian census
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:11:10 -0800 (PST)

The 1871 Canadian Census on WorldVitalRecords.com is only Ontario -- Quebec is not included.  From their site:  "This database was created by volunteers from the Ontario Genealogical Society from material supplied by Library and Archives Canada."

Also, they have:
"Quebec--Beauharnois County 1881 Census
Quebec--Beauharnois County 1881 Census. 1881 census, Saint-Louise de Ginzague. Includes house number, family number, name, age/sex, birthplace, religion, origin, occupation and birth month."
You can also get this 1881 census info for free on familysearch.org.

That's it for Canada in the census department on WorldVitalRecords.com.

patty